Research & Innovation
Human Centred Design
People are core to our methods. From the people receiving and using digital financial services to those implementing and managing them. However, they also need to work with changing processes and products, with considerations for location and performance, so these aspects need to be carefully investigated and mapped alongside HCD.
In a strategic alignment with Fjord, we follow a five step service design process:
Customer Analysis is the structured interpretation of customer data, to identify patterns and trends, that enable more informed decisions to more effectively reach business & social goals
Insights from analytics techniques such as Customer Segmentation, Brand Equity, and Dashboards can better target interventions and amplify impact. Customer Analytics can identify distinct customer groups, understand perceptions and enable real-time monitoring of insights in real-time.
Good Return Customer Analytics solutions include:
- Customer Segmentation
- Customer Targeting
- Brand Perceptions
- Brand Equity
- Data Visualisations
- Capture borrower profile information
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys
- Market research surveys
- Poverty measurement (Progress out of Poverty Index – PPI)
- Gathering program baseline, midpoint, endline data
- Monitoring training program attendance and outcomes
ODK is a highly versatile tool:
- Free and open source
- Developed with support of Google and Washington University
- Requires no special software to run
- Highly customisable to build simple to very complex surveys
- Ability to use Excel to design and upload surveys
- Large online community of users for help and support
- Used by numerous organisations worldwide including USAID, Red Cross, UNICEF, International Space Station astronauts!
The ODK Process
ODK: Case Study
We used ODK to conduct a survey of farmers in the area to understand more about their needs and how CUKK could better serve them. The results provided CUKK with valuable information and improved customer relations as well as operational efficiency.